Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Who will ride the bus with me?"

The good thing about about rebuilding your life is that you can experience things you have not done before, or in awhile at least.  Another thing you quickly learn is who your real friends are - who can you depend on when you have nothing?  As Oprah once said "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the Limo breaks down."  My family always stood by me, but a few people really stepped up and surprised me.  One was Carlo, my partner.  He was always there when I needed him, rich or poor, good or bad...  For better or worse I guess you could say.

In my previous life, I was not "allowed" to take a vacation, and until recently it just did not make economic sense either.  We were lucky enough to get to go to Hawaii, somewhere I had not been for over 30 years.  Needless to say, we were both very excited.  We spent 7 days on Oahu seeing the sites, hiking, swimming and most of all relaxing.  It was an amazing opportunity to just get away from it all.  It also was a way to test out the "new me..." As some of you know, I have lost over 100 pounds and I am still going strong.  I started a big big boy, around 350 pounds and did it all myself exercising with a combination of P90X and Insanity, along with eating correctly - I am mainly a vegetarian.  I am now able to hike and swim and enjoy the outside in ways I never knew imaginable.

Here is a picture of us Hiking 4 miles to see Makapuu Lighthouse Trail - a great hike for anyone who likes a challenge.


Here are some of the views from the top!! Amazing...




One thing I certainly will never forget are the amazing sunsets and running on the beach!  Memories we will never forget!


If you can, visit and enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment