Sunday, March 24, 2013

What an AMAZING weekend!!

After a crazy week full of unbelievable amounts of good news, I was treated to the surprise of my life!  My partner Carlo bought tickets to see the Opera Cinderella by Rossini.  We had not yet been to the Opera together so he surprised me with amazing seats and a truly magical evening. 

We started out by going to Takami, a Sushi restaurant on the 21st floor of a building in Downtown Los Angeles.  They have a wide variety of Vegetarian dishes as well as fish which I still do eat sometimes.  We generally consider ourselves as non-dairy pescetarians (if we have to label it) but 90% of the time we eat vegan - it just makes us both feel so much healthier.  



After dinner, we headed to the Dorothy Chandler and took our seats.  It was cool to see Carlo enjoy his first Opera - and experience this together.  The show was great and everything we expected.  We hope to get season tickets very soon - the LA Opera does a great job!  


After the Opera we both did not want the night to end so we headed to one of my all time favorites for a nightcap, Pacific Dining Car.  For all those who have not been, PCD is a cool throw back from days gone by - think red booths and wood paneling.  Set in several old railroad cars, it is open 24/7 and a great place for after hours dining.  


Sunday was a lazy day at our place.  After a relaxing breakfast, we spent some time decorating and finally putting up artwork on the walls.  It seems like the last several years have been so crazy that I did not take time to do the small things - I have a lot of catching up to do.  


It is a great feeling to overcome an obstacle and move on with ones life.  The opportunities are immense and the future exciting - I just need to decide what I want to do, not what someone else wants me to do, or be... 


So, until next time, Bravo! Ci vendiamo la prossima volta!









3 comments:

  1. If you like opera, you must go to see a Verdi performance in Florence, It's spectacular. Put it on your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That for letter word is not enough to sum up on how I feel about you but I'll say it anyway I love you .... " )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Takami! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete